Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Feet!


Anna-Maria loves her dancing class. It is a pre-school dance class and covers basics of highland dancing and ballet. Most days of the week she asks, "Is it dancing today?" because she can't wait to go again.  Last night she had a huge grin on her face as she told me about good feet and bad feet. Good feet are pointy toes and bad feet aren't. So she gave me a demonstration and was giggling the whole time.  

I'm so glad I enrolled her in dancing. I was going to wait until she was a bit older because I didn't want to be the kind of mum that pushes my children into activities they don't want to do... as this does happen to some children. Also because I always wanted to do dancing when I was a child, I didn't want to be the kid of parent that lives out MY unfulfilled childhood dreams through my children. But know I see how much she loves it I don't think I will have to worry about that, I think she'll be the one wanting to dance. I think my role as a parent is to expose them to different areas so they can have the opportunity to find their talents - and then help them develop them to their potential. Thats what my parents did and I turned out ok (I think).
Good feet - giggles from Anna-Maria

Bad feet (more giggles)

No comments: